Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Abortionist's Daughter

Finished this earlier today and am now reading Sara Nelson, 'So many books, so little time' which I am enjoying immensely as its about...um...BOOKS!

I have just spent about an hour or so catching up on blogs, wow you guys have been reading some good books!

This past week or so I have brought 3 books and received three books through bookcrossing.

I have also applied for a few jobs so am permanently walking around with my fingers and toes crossed for good luck.

Have also been reading some childrens books to recommend to my class, trying to vary their reading choices!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish you the BEST of luck with getting the new job!

I think that if I taught little kids, my favorite part would be sharing books with them. In fact, the few times I've subbed for little kid classes, I've enjoyed reading aloud to them most of all!

Also! You'll be getting The Road... well, maybe not soon. It can take up to a month for packages to get from here to there. But eventually! I mailed it out.

Anonymous said...

Also, how was The Abortionist's Daughter?

a.book.in.the.life said...

Really good, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would although the ending seemed to happen far too quickly. Have you read it?

Anonymous said...

Nope, but it's on my wishlist.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ooh, best of luck with the new job!

The Abortionist's Daughter is a new one by me. When I'm not so exhausted, I'll look into it.

a.book.in.the.life said...

Thanks Susan xx
Hope you stop being so exhausted!

purplefugue said...

Good luck with the job hunt. I'll be doing just that in a few weeks but for right now, I'm just interested in my upcoming holiday. Is your next job in teaching or exploring a career change?

a.book.in.the.life said...

Oh enjoy your holiday!

I am applying for jobs in teaching but if I can't get one (its a tough job market for teachers at the moment here) I will have to get something outside of teaching.

Gentle Reader said...

Good luck job hunting! Hope you get what you want! And I'll have to check out The Abortionist's Daughter...

a.book.in.the.life said...

Thanks xx